Use promo code: BLIZZARD3 to save 15% on all performances.
The sale runs through August 31, 2021 and is only valid on full-price tickets.
To purchase tickets, contact Ballet Arizona’s Box Office at 602.381.1096. Operating hours are Monday – Friday from 9am – 5:30pm. Don’t want to call? Visit our website at balletaz.org.
Upgrade your Nutcracker experience with our Capture the Magic VIP Package! From early admission into the theatre and hot chocolate to a pair of ballerina pointe shoes and a complimentary parking pass, you won’t want to miss out on this Golden Ticket VIP access to The Nutcracker.
Ballet Arizona’s “The Nutcracker.” Photo by Rosalie O’Connor.
5 Reasons You Need to Attend Ballet Arizona’s The Nutcracker
1. In 2006, Artistic Director, Ib Andersen created a $1.8 million production of The Nutcracker. Former New York Times chief dance critic, Alastair Macaulay, rated Ballet Arizona’s Nutcracker among the Top 3 in the nation!
2. 260 costumes, designed by Fabio Toblini, were created for the production in 17 costume shops across America. They used more than 6,500 yards of fabric and 10,000 yards of trim and lace. That’s nearly 10 miles of material!
3. Our snow scene sparkles…literally! More than 100,000 Austrian Swarovski crystals were used to create our dazzling Land of Snow. If that wasn’t enough to grab your attention, we use over 100 pounds of flameproof paper to create a winter wonderland. It takes backstage crew the entire 20-minute intermission to shovel the snow away and yes, we use an actual snow shovel!
4. The sleigh that takes Clara and the Prince on their magical adventure is built on a mobility scooter and is driven around the stage by one of our technicians, who is laying on their stomach inside the actual sleigh.
5. Throughout the entire production of The Nutcracker, our dancers will use over 250 pairs of pointe shoes which adds up to over $25,000! Every pair of pointe shoes is handmade and specially customized for each of our ballerinas.