28 Dec 2017
Happy New Year!
As 2017 comes to an end, we wanted to reflect on all of the wonderful things that have happened at Ballet Arizona. Because of the support of our patrons and donors:
- Ballet Arizona premiered new works Rio by Artistic Director, Ib Andersen, and Rigged Games by company dancer, Nayon Iovino.
- Ib Andersen’s beloved Topia returned to Desert Botanical Garden.
- For the 2017-2018 season, we welcomed 30 new and returning dancers.
- We celebrated the 20th anniversary of our Ballet Under the Stars program.
- Nearly 300 students continue to study at The School of Ballet Arizona.
- Over 5,000 children attended our Student Matinee performances.
- We brought back live music to our production of The Nutcracker!
Thank you to everyone for your support, it has been an incredible year and we are thankful for all of you! In the spirit of the new year, we asked a few of our dancers share their 2018 New Years Resolutions:
- “My resolutions are to be more patient, positive, and to find new ways to give back to the community.” – Mimi Tompkins
- “Some of my resolutions are to continue to be more engaged in issues and events in the community that I’m passionate about and to be better about staying hydrated now that I’m living in the desert.” – Aubrey Kazimi
- “One of my New Years Resolutions is to further my education. I believe education is very important and will benefit me throughout my life.” – Ana Maria Spear
- “My New Years Resolution is to enjoy every moment I am given. I have a tendency to stress about little things but what a waste of time that is! Life is given to us to enjoy, so that’s exactly what I’m going to do.” – Rochelle Anvik
What’s your New Years Resolution? Comment below!