Common Dance Injuries
Tips of How to Prevent
What Are a Few Common Dance Injuries?
- Stress Fractures
- Knee & Hip Injuries
- Ankle Impingements
- Arthritis, specifically in the foot, ankle, knee, and/or hip
- Tendonitis of the Achilles
Signs of a Dance Related Injury:
- Reducing the amount of practice, rehearsals, or shows due to increase pain.
- Delaying any physical activity.
- Shift weight from one side of your body to the other.
- Staying up at night, due to pain.
After a session of dancing, you may feel some soreness. However, the pain goes away within a couple of days, as you are building and stretching your muscles. For the signs listed above, those are prolonged painful sensations that are across multiple days. With the pain not going away, it is always good to talk to a doctor.
How to Prevent Dance Injuries:
- Get proper sleep.
- Wear good, supportive, footwear- in and out of dance.
- With cross-training exercises, it helps build up your strength, endurance & balance.
- Staying hydrate and eating having a balanced diet.
- It is important to do warm up exercises- before class, rehearsal, and performances.
Subscribe to Our Blog
2835 E. Washington Street
Phoenix, AZ 85034
Box Office: 602-381-1096